Monday, January 12, 2015

Dandy Delights First Challenge

I thought you might enjoy another example of a submission to the first Dandy Delights Challenge via Gauguin: ( This pretending I am Gauguin... harrumph....)

Submission to Challenge #1

Painting #1 - Eugene Gauguin - Tahitian Women on the Beach



Painting one with line:



Painting #2 Eugene Gauguin -Tahitian Women
I

(As if I were Gauguin I might add an explanation, if I cared to, with  my submission:)

#1 In painting one I chose formal balance offset within a rectangle. The eye travels side to side through the foot that is in the centerr of the "square" marked area. I designed it to be 3 paintings in one , It can be divided in half through the center of the "square" vertically into two more asymmetrical paintings! I minimized the value in the center foot's toes to decrease attention to crossing lines. I get the eye to travel side to side , through  bosom to foot to make the two sides communicate.. see my thumbnail  superimposed over painting #1.

#2 Variation - This painting is the same formal design within an informal design. It also would be frame-able right side or left side.  (3 in 1)  This time I changed my dominant lines to sweep like a wave of water on wet sand right to left. to get you from one side to the other.

End of submission.
(More ways than one! No longer will you submit to your painting, it will submit to you and your union will be divine!)
____

Okay, Gang! Cool huh?  Look at all the changes between the two paintings!Increased values, decreased values, color changes to unite line (direction) Values to anchor! I wish  we could conference call to discuss what the changes accomplished as to dominant line changes! I hope this stirs you up!
Plan to enter.
Plan your painting,
Paint your plan! 

Not done yet....
Teaser coming up....

Informal Line Subdivision
Andrew Loomas on design

     Feast your eyes on this!  if you understand composition you will be able to communicate every line to any line, or group of lines and understand what you need to do before you do it! Where to put something how to correct.  With planning, the goal is to create a dialog between every element in your painting or drawing  to tell a facinating tale!!!. Composition is Einstein's  theory of relativity in Art-speak! Only, it's sensual and emotional and exquisite.
     If some of this is new to you, soon enough the information combines into a burst of creativity. Excel at this and be creating masterpieces, if you don't know how to already!  Love it all... every single stroke!  This is the Dandy Delight Adventure! You can take yourself as far as you like - and get off anytime.
     Imagine a dream and then conceptualize that dream and make it work like you never have before! But first questions 1 through 6! We are on #1" What's my line?" and  #2 ,"What's my form?"  Remember, 1-6 is enough to be a good painter! But, why stop there?

If you are not a member of  Dandy Delights of Composition and Design go to http://paintmyphoto.ning.com/
Join. Click on groups and join DDOCD. 



No comments:

Post a Comment